MISSION AND VISION STATEMENT.
OUR VISION IS
To be a modern regional centre of excellence for port facilities and services.
OUR MISSION IS
To be an efficient, cost-effective, customer focused Organization, providing a safe multi-use port facility and ancillary services for all customers, while meeting the national requirements for the re-building of Montserrat through Superstructure, Infrastructure and Human Resource Development, in keeping with International Maritime Standards.
Our Strategic Goals / Priorities are:
- To regulate the use of the port services and the facilities as considered necessary and desirable
- To safely administer and operate the Port (Little Bay and Plymouth) in a manner to best serve our stakeholders
- Government of Montserrat, public and staff.
- To regulate and control navigation within the limits of the ports and its approaches
- To properly provide beacons, buoys and other navigational services and aids as considered necessary and desirable for the port (Little Bay and Plymouth) and is approaches.
Our Guiding Principles and Values
- We will put emphasis on our Human Resources – training and development, good interaction between Management and Staff; developing a team-based organization and a highly motivated staff
- We will conduct our affairs with professionalism, high ethical standards and integrity, recognizing our responsibilities to all our stakeholders
- We will continually adhere to the prescribed International Maritime and Safety Standards and generally accepted International Maritime and Port practices
- We acknowledge the dignity and value of our employees and will at all times seek their best interests and wellbeing
- We value the business of our customers. Highly sensitive to their needs, we commit to be flexible and creative in delivering a quality service at a competitive price
- We will continue to emphasize a blend of appropriate equipment and technology in servicing our customers
- We pride ourselves in being known as a good Corporate Citizen and will therefore have high respect for and support our state, our customers, our communities and environment, having due regard for the interest of our shareholders
- We will do all of the above as a market driven company that is financially sustainable.